<VV> Idle adjustment (more clues)

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 24 16:15:02 EDT 2009

After spraying all of the vacuum connections, I found I may have a
leak at the base of both carburetors. I am using 1/32 gaskets that I
cut myself. I know, I know that could be the problem, BUT I was VERY
careful to use a factory 1/64 for my template, I used an xacto knife,
and am using premium gasket material. I theory, it should not be the
problem. What I need to know at this point is the torque settings for
the four carb nuts. I was pretty ginger with them. The slightly over
torquing the base doesn't worry me as much as the top nuts and the
possibility of over tightening them and denting the carb cover. Once
I know that I have them secure and there is still leakage, I will
move to re-move and replace the gaskets.

The readings on the (-) of the coil and the the coil to distributor
wire were exactly the same.

Stephen