<VV> Stripped Oil Pan

Beamin Scott beaminscott at gmail.com
Sat May 30 23:21:37 EDT 2009

If longer bolts have been used already (indicating every thread is stripped)

and you need to retap the hole helicoil works well.  The bolts on the side
(with the exception of the rear-most) are not blind but they do not empty
into the crankcase...they actually empty below the pushrod tubes outside
of the crankcase.  I'm not certain of the rest; those around the cam gear
and the 4 along the very back.

Best of luck, Scott
1964 Sypder Turbo
1965 Corsa 140