<VV> Insulator for horn contact ring in 63 Monza

Charles McKinley cmckinley313 at cox.net
Mon Nov 2 13:00:59 EST 2009

Hello, all, I'm new to VirtualVairs since yesterday, so bear with me
for any gaffes. I recently had to pull my steering wheel numerous
times while repairing and adjusting the turn signal mechanism, and in
the process the plastic insulator behind the horn contact ring
partially disintegrated so that the contact ring was always grounded
(honk!)  I looked at Clark's catalog and discovered that the insulator
is no longer available (at least from Clark's.) I ended up unwiring
the system from the steering column and installing an outboard horn
button on the dash - no big deal there - but am wondering if any of
you know of a more elegant workaround, or know where I can find a
replacement for the insulator. It appears to be considerably more than
just a plastic ring, in fact seems to be part of a bearing assembly
that supports and centers the steering column in the tube.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Chuck McKinley