<VV> 64 Leaning

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:02:57 EST 2009

Ken, Clarks Catalog page 161 shows 60-63 mounts, then a 64 mount, then a
modified 60-63 to fit a 64. What you have may be OK but if the fact that
they are different might be generating your height difference. Clarks says
the modified 60-63 on a 64 will result in a almost a quarter inch difference
from a 64, so if you have a 64 on one side and a modifed 60-63 or a std
60-63 on the other, that would tilt things , and yes, if it is tilting, it
may pull the lef enough to cause this.  One way to determine this is to
disconnect the linkages, lower the transaxle a bit on the forward end, and
switch out the mounts left to right and see what happens. If the sag moves
to the other side or levels out, there you go. All it would take is a bit of
time.

If this is the issue, Clarks suggests, as do I, that you replace both so
they are in the same condition and type. Clarks and some other suppliers,
would have the parts. Email me direct if you are new to the corvair world
and need a vendor list.
Mark Durham