<VV> 64 Leaning

Ken Lundy klundy at optonline.net
Mon Nov 2 11:53:05 EST 2009

First of all I¹d like to thank everyone who gave me their very helpful
advice on this matter.

I have since discovered that one of the front trans. bracket mounts may be
incorrect.
They do not look the same.
If either one has failed, I¹m not sure. I don¹t know what a failed mount
looks like.
I have attached a picture of each mount.  (I hope I did it right.)
I think the left (driver) side mount is wrong for a 64.

Can this be causing the engine/trans. to lean down to the left?

Also... one more uneducated question... If the left side of the trans.
bracket is sagging, causing the engine/trans. to lean, could this exert
force on the leaf spring which would tend to make the car body lean down on
the left side as well?

Again, I am grateful for any advice.

Ken Lundy
NJ