<VV> 64 Leaning

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 2 20:07:00 EST 2009

>I think the left (driver) side mount is wrong for a 64.

To me, the one on the left looks correct, and the one on ther right
looks home made, but I'm not an expert on 64's.

They both look like the bracket is hanging too low.  I've never seen one
of the front ones broken and sagging, maybe that is a salt belt thing,
with that big backing washer corroded into oblivion?.

pics attached -- my driver 60, an FC w/engine out, and a used early
front motor mount

okay, experts, do the later Earlies have different mounts?

I think maybe it is time to take the mounts out and look at them.

>could this exert force on the leaf spring which would tend to make the car body lean down on the left side as well?

no.

Bill Strickland