<VV> What in the World.....1960 Air Filter system

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 2 22:21:36 EST 2009

>Screw the Choke Mechanism... but I like the 1960  filter system....  nice
>smooth flow to the carbs..

My 60 4-dr w /PG has what I believe to be an original un-rebuilt 80 hp
engine (about 61 K miles) and it seems to run quite well in spite of the
slush box trans -- I do want to try that air cleaner setup with those
"ram" hoses on a sharper engine someday.  I'd be certain that the design
inspired the center mount carb syndrome ...

and one doesn't need spacers under the air cleaner   ;-)

Bill Strickland