<VV> 64 leaning

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Mon Nov 2 22:51:42 EST 2009

> If this is the issue, Clarks suggests, as do I, that you
> replace both so
> they are in the same condition and type. Clarks and some
> other suppliers,
> would have the parts. Email me direct if you are new to the
> corvair world
> and need a vendor list.
> Mark Durham
Smitty Says;  Everybody seems to forget that the major difference in the 63/64 front mounts is not so much their height but the fact that the 64 mount has a donut or pad on top of it so when the spring is under compression the mount is pressing against the top of the crossmember inside.  (because of the transverse spring)   Not sure how long the "Early" mount would last as it is not built to absorb compression loads.  I guess you could glue or bolt a rubber pad in the top of the crossmember>