<VV> Turbo Ring Compressor

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Mon Nov 2 22:39:50 EST 2009

> From: Grant Young <gyoungwolf at earthlink.net>

> Please let me know if you know of a source for a turbine
> shaft
> ring suppressor (for ease of assembly) for the Rajay turbo
> (Clarks
> has been out for ages). I am tired of fiddling with a wire
> to get it to go together properly.
> Thanks, Grant
Smitty says;  Grant I have done literally dozens of turbos using vinel tubing from the home building supply.  You are going to have to do like I do and figure out what size.  I slip the tube over a wood dowell and cut off a slice like an O ring with a knife, cutting against the wood.  Cut a piece about 1/8 wide.  Slip it onto the bearing surface (shaft) just like the stuff GM originally supplied, and onto the ring.  Yeah the wall is thicker but that doesn't matter.  It goes up in smoke at the first jam on the throttle.