<VV> What in the World.....?

Crawford Rose crawfordrose at msn.com
Tue Nov 3 04:42:57 EST 2009

About the 60 chokes, there was  a TSB about the 60 choke adjustment and some
parts were redesigned mid year so its true that there were problems,
particularly to solve carb icing. The parts that I can think of are the air
inlet snorkel, the heat riser tube, the top shroud, the choke unloader tang,
the choke coil, the aluminum carb spacers and the asbestos insulator sock
for the manifold heat tubing  Overall, it is complex and requires reading
the instructions.  I like it o.k. and my car always starts.  I did put in
all new parts on the air horn and choke when I bought the car because I like
to do that after my various turbo carb experiences.  One plus is that, being
a 60, the parts are readily available.   If you consider why it was
redesigned the following year, it was to make the engine fit the different
platforms to which the engine was to be adapted. The engine would not fit in
a station wagon or a truck or with an air conditioning condenser in the 60
configuration.   Rather than being a solution to any problems with the
choke, the 61 manual choke was a workaround to save space.
Crawford