<VV> 64 transverse leaf spring

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 22:00:05 EST 2009

Dave. In my mind if the a arms are the same basic shape( I haven't
investigeted that yet), you should be able to locate the place for the hole
and drill it and add the attaching hardware. It appears that GM drilled a
bigger hole and riveted/bolted the triangle plate on that holds the upper
cushion. Maybe they did this because there isn't room to run a bolt down
thru the A Arm? Don't know. Also, the 64s had shorter or weaker rear axle
springs, becasue the spring took alot of the weight. If you put the spring
on with 63 springs, it may raise the rear end to the point that the tires
cannot run true, etc.

I thought about doing this to my 62 and have a spring, but have decided to
keep the car closer to original and will sell the spring if you decide you
need one. The "64 Leaning" on VV's  Ken Lundy has a 64, maybe he would take
pictures for you.
Mark Durham