<VV> [FC] Van door removal

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 3 17:36:38 EST 2009

Align all door perfectly. Then drill two holes each in both sides of every
hinge, and braze a piece of brazing rod into the hinge holes after removal
of the doors. The rods become alignment dowels, and the drilled holes in
the hinges can be filled by the brazing rod and smoothed over. When you
rehang the doors, they go on in perfect alignment, and nobody's any the
wiser.

-Mark

every hinge so to reinstall them on the same position. Only things you need
(and can) to adjust are heigth and aligning to external body lines. No big
deal if you have somebody to help. BTW, grommets will be difficult to
install with hinges in place.

> > Daniel Monasterio
> >
> >> From: rmurray at anaheimducks.com
> >> Subject: [FC] Van door removal
> >>
> >> Expertise requested - or as close as we can get :). ...Prepping for
primer n paint...what's best way to remove side and rear doors? Can I pop
the hinge pin w a hammer or do I need to remove the entire hinge? What's
the secret?