<VV> Ideas Re: Thank You

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Wed Nov 4 17:36:33 EST 2009

Bill,
     Instead of an oil temp gauge, I'd recommend adding a CHT (cylinder head temp.) gauge.  That will show an overheat condition (lost fan belt perhaps), or an UNDERHEAT condition (failed thermostat(s) for example) much more quickly than an oil temp gauge.  And instead of an ammeter, I'd install a voltmeter which will tell you if the charging system is operating properly.  This is especially needed if you don't have a modern solid-state voltage regulator on your alternator.
     Adding gauges is a GREAT idea!
     Frank Burkhard