<VV> What in the World.....?

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Wed Nov 4 20:21:50 EST 2009

In a message dated 11/4/2009 5:15:54 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
62vair at gmail.com writes:

Ken, you  are right about the fuel injection. I've done a little
investigation on  this and American PI has a sequential port system, Clarks
has a system in  the works, and I found another place, Blackhawk
engineering,
that has built  a throttle body injection system which has two throttle body
units that  look similar to the carbs but have a fuel injector in each unit,
It appears  there are no cheap systems, running in the 1500 to 2000 range.
Some people  build there own for about 800-900, but take used components
from
a late  model production car with similar engine specs, but require
modification to  the intakes. This will be further investigated when it
comes
time to  rebuild my engine. (I'm also interested in a big bore kit, roller
cam and  lifters, etc.) It is a 67K original 102 hp engine that runs strong,
so it  might be awhile. If you want to look, just google corvair  fuel
injection.
Mark Durham

I've used a throttle body and flap-type air metering device from a Datsun
280Z with a cylinder temp sensor from a '74 VW Type IV; also a
idle/full-throttle switch from the Datsun; wrote my own program in MBasic for an
Ultimate OEM board from elproducts.com (Chuck Hellebuyck.)  Worked just  fine.

Scotty from Hollyweird

.