<VV> FITTING CORVAIR ELECTRIC FUEL PUMPS

Arlette Carl arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 5 04:11:49 EST 2009

Hi Everyone,

Well it looks like I need to ask for some more Corvair advice! This time it concerns the correct installation of a Clark's supplied electric fuel pump.

I have removed the original fuel pump and installed the block off plug. But no matter how many times I read and re read Clark's Covair Parts instructions I cannot understand how the carby fuel lines now connect to the main fuel supply line.

I have reinstalled the three way connector and connected the 90 degrees connector to the three way connector but at this point I simply can not follow the instructions or begin to understand how this should all be assembled.

I should add that I working on a 2 carb 110 hp engine.

Has anyone fitted one of these  electric fuel pumps and if you have could I perhaps see a photo of how the fuel lines should be installed?

It would certainly remove the mystery for me.

Regards from Australia where we are fast moving towards our Summer and our typical hot Christmas / New Year weather.

Carl L. Kelsen

RHD 1965 Corvair MOnza convertible