<VV> Resending of GrandSport and Corvair NS picture Test

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Fri Nov 6 16:27:42 EST 2009

> What's the Grand Sport package?  I think I'm afraid to ask :-)
> --Bryan

The GrandSport package gives you the wide Z06 body, front facia, splitter
and includes most of the goodie parts from Z06 including the same 6 piston
front and 4 piston rear calipers. Same brakes and tires as Z06.
275/35/ZR18 frt and 325/30/ZR19, 12 in wide rears with F1 supercar tires.
With manual, you also get the dry sump oiling system, rear cooler and rear
battery. Unlike Z06 which is fixed roof coupe, the GS can come with
transparent roof or convertible and all trim lines, like 3LT with HUD,
memory everything, any color.
Steel chassis ( thus convertible), no carbon fenders, and the LS3 ( 436hp)
engine ( with switchable exhaust) instead of 7 L Z06 engine.

$4200 list more than base C6 , not 20K, and a relative bargin for what you
receive vs the base car or Z06.

I wanted the tinted roof for travel and the relative good economy of the
LS3. I went to Pratt & Miller raceshop this week during my breakin miles
and got 28.5 mpg average at about 70 mph average speed.

So far, no rattles etc. Has the go fast Z51 suspension which has some
impact harshness vs the base C6 or F55 magnetic suspension but the
Goodyear runflat have stiff sidewalls and most agree they are crap.
Talking to Michelin about a new tire they have in Z06 sizes.

Road noise is pretty good but a winter project is the complete Dynamat
treatment P&M does to their C6RS supercar with ZR1 motor.
Got a ride in C6RS last week with retuned ZR1 motor (790 ft# torque). Let
me tell you, it recalibrated my internal G meter. Felt like it what it
must be like to launch a F14.

regards,

frank
-