<VV> CPF Fitch Sprint restoration project Progress

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Fri Nov 6 16:42:31 EST 2009

Hey Everybody! I want to let you all know that the 1966
Corsa coupe that was John Fitch's last Corvair personal
vehicle (he drove it from 1966 through 1969) is nearing
completion as a CPF-sponsored restoration project. The
body work and paint are done and the interior is almost
finished as well. Huge thanks go out to Rick Twardzik of
Sandusky, Ohio for the fantastic paint and bodywork that
saved this car from a sure death! Also kudos and thanks to
the team of Jack and Skip Frost and the FrostVair Garage
in Sandusky as well! Jack and Skip restored the engine and
did all of the interior work. Wow! This car looks great,
but we need a few more items to say it is truly complete.
Here is a list of what I'm looking for:

rear bumper face bar and brackets
rear tail lamp harness pig tails (2)
rear back-up lamp harness pig tails (2)
rear deck lid insulation and clips
rear insulation pads (2) for inner rear quarter panels
rear license plate rubber bumpers
tail light lenses (2)
back-up light lenses (2)
chrome ring for rear lamp assy's (4)
front grille bar emblem (have one N.O.S. available for
$300 - but would like one either donated or less than
$300)
door sill step plates (2)
front antenna assy
RH inside windshield pillar cover
LH front turn signal assy
RH front turn signal assy
rocker panel mldgs (2)
outside rear view mirror assy
windshield chrome surround trim (all 5 pcs)
front trunk mat
inside door handles (2)
inside window crank handles (4)
arm rest bases (2)
arm rest inserts - black (2)
lower engine grill insert trim (Corsa)
corner piece for drip rail mldgs (2)
front license plate bracket
headlight assembly with bulbs, retainers, springs, etc (2)
RH headlight bezel
LH headlight bezel
wiper blade assy (2)
rear quarter window to "B" pillar gaskets (2)

We need either N.O.S. or quality repop's or really nice
used stuff for this car. Most of our budget of $10k was
spent on the extensive metalwork that Rick had to perform
before he laid down some impressive lacquer on the panels.
If anyone out there wants to help please contact me off
line, or give me a call on cell phone: 248-630-6442.

Hope to have this beauty at the 2010 CORSA Convention in
Iowa for all to see. You will be impressed!! Thanks for
any help that you can give. - Pete Koehler, Project
Manager for the Fitch Sprint restoration