<VV> 1969 Sprint not in Miami

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Mon Nov 9 04:51:58 EST 2009

There have been several posts about a light yellow 1969
Monza coupe with a Fitch Sprint style "Ventop" option.
This fiberglass roof extension was available via mail
order from John Fitch and Company of Falls Village,
Connecticut back in the day. Anyone could buy one and put
it on their late model coupe. Didn't have to be a Corsa or
any specific year Corvair. The Sprint "factory" was in
business up until John Fitch sold out to Art Hershberger
of Wisconsin sometime around 1971. Art produced the Solar
Cavalier from just about any late model Corvair of the
customer's choice. He modified the molds for the ventop
and his version is the one that Clark's ended up selling.

Somehow the link on VV takes you to a listing from Miami
for this particular car. The phone number is for a
residence in the city of Detroit, Michigan. I have heard
from a DACC member that the car is parked south of 8 Mile
Road in that city. I'll be in Michigan later today and may
just take a look and report back. From the pictures it
looks rough. And lately it seems that every car I go to
look at is worse than what I was led to believe. This one
has two strikes against it already. But, who knows? -
Caveman Pete