<VV> More than happy!

Mark Aksamit mark at vintagecarcare.info
Mon Nov 9 13:36:15 EST 2009

We arrived in Palm Springs CA to attend the Fan Belt Toss at about 4 PM on
Thursday the 22nd. I drove my 66 Corsa Convert from Cottonwood, AZ a total
of 375 miles. Just for kicks I thought I would see what the 15 year old
rebuilt 140 would get for mileage. From Cottonwood to Wickenburg, AZ, 123
miles I got 27.3 MPG at 65 MPH. From Wickenburg to Quartzsite, AZ, 28.2 at
65 MPG...I ran 87 octane fuel and had the timing to where I would get a
little knock at full throttle. My car has 3.27 gears. It never missed a
beat, never did anything other than just run good! Not bad for a car
engineered over 40 years ago! A testament to the overall great design,
styling, reliability and value of the Corvair

Mark Aksamit in HOT Palm Springs, CA!