<VV> Gossip...

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 10 14:08:44 EST 2009

>I know, I know, I'm trying to rationalize to myself this is good enough, but is it?  ... I have read that the power output of the little corvair engine is really
>limited by how much air can move thru it, and significant improvement to stock heads via porting and adding larger exhaust helps alot.

Ultimately, if you can get enough air and fuel running through it, it is
limited by the melting point of aluminum and the strength of the crank.

Each individual has to decide for themselves why they have a Corvair,
and what is "good enough", and what it is worth to find out.  Go far
enough and you wind up with a show/race car that is too nice to drive to
the store and too fast to drive on the street (when you are 92) and
you've spent twice (or more) what a new Vette like Frank's would've cost.

If you have a nice car you like to drive, get a 2nd car as a project to
build -- so that you don't mess up the first car by "fixing" it.

Having fun in my 80hp 1960 automatic,

Bill Strickland