<VV> 64 leaf spring and lottery type luck!

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Thu Nov 12 03:56:50 EST 2009

years ago mine lost the bolt going along an interstate by the state fair
grounds at a high rate of speed. it curled the end in a short time leaving an
 alarming trail of sparks. quite a show with the top down!
the next time it happened i had vise grips in the glove box. that got me
home with minimal effort and damage.
now i keep a darn close eye on those bolts where they come thru the rubber
bushings.if the bushings wear , they get replaced.  of course, i don't do
as much rough road or hay field driving anymore either.
my present 64 will have new grade 8 hardware back there soon.  just  blew a
piston or valve seat on it  (what a thrilling noise that is!)  yesterday
after driving it @2400 miles this summer knowing the engine was
"questionable", with intermittent strange noises etc.so it is now group red for  the
winter.
 i am so glad it waited until i pulled into the garage after a 100  mile
ride to let go!
now i cant wait to upgrade the whole car. new motor on the bench , along
with rebuilt 3:27 differential , and powerslide.  this is the mystery Texas
64 A/C coupe i bought a few years ago.  pictures soon.
regards , tim colson