<VV> Can anyone tell me where the vin plate is on the FCs and the pickups?

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 12 11:10:32 EST 2009

On the left hand door jam at the rear. Open LH door and you will see the vin plate (about 3/4 inch X 2 inches). Originally spot welded on but it seems a number have been pop riveted on by someone other than GM. I believe hidden vin is above right side if lower front crossmember and may have to be cleaned off (50 years of muck) to see. I'm not sure about the product plate info. It sits on the firewall near the handbrake lever. Good luck!
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado