<VV> Can anyone tell me where the vin plate is on the FCsand

Mike Clark mclark67 at charter.net
Thu Nov 12 15:15:34 EST 2009

Just what is the reason for the "hidden" VIN number?  Is it law enforcement,
so if someone steals your car and changes the VIN tag, the law can look at
the hidden one to see the true identity?  Or was it just a way to keep parts
straight when the vehicle was being built?

I can't imagine too much disassembly would warrant the effort by most
people.  I know on mid-70s Firebirds it's on the firewall behind the fan
motor.

Mike Clark
Stockbridge, Georgia

Subject: Re: <VV> Can anyone tell me where the vin plate is on the FCsand