<VV> Early Axle Yokes

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Sun Nov 15 14:39:55 EST 2009

Smitty Says;  I have used several commercial pullers and have made a couple to get yokes off.  I made one with a piece of 1/2 plate.  It was borrowed from me at a convention.  Against my advise the borrower did not use a hammer to aid the puller.  He bent my 1/2 inch plate into a "U" shape.  Why am I saying all this?  Because I don't believe any puller is suficient by itself when the yoke is really stuck.  On the other hand I have removed yokes that a puller couldn't budge just using a 3/4 lb hammer.  It is slow and teadious and only comes in thousandths of an inch.  But it will come.