<VV> A multiple Multiplex question

Brent Fullard brent.fullard at rogers.com
Sun Nov 15 14:15:53 EST 2009

I have a few questions concerning the proper installation of a Mutiplex to a
"66 Corvair.; Here is a picture of the bracket that came with this
Multiplex:  http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,262458

(1) I assume that the Multiplex bracket mounts to the car by way of the two
(already existing) screws that hold the ashtray assembly to the dash. Is
this true?

(2) If so, my bracket must be from a Chevrolet other than a Corvair as the
holes in my bracket do not align with the ashtray screws. Does anyone have a
copy of the Multiplex installation instructions?

(3) My unit came with the bracket, but not with the 4 screws that attach the
unit to the bracket. I tried fitting a 6/32 (too small) and a 8/32 (too big)
threaded bolt for this attachment. Neither worked, which has me puzzled.
Does any one know what hardware was used to attach the Multiplex to its
bracket?

Thank you.

Brent Fullard