<VV> A multiple Multiplex question

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 15 14:56:51 EST 2009

1) No. The factory mounted it with two new screw holes drilled into the
dash.

2) Yes, they're available from Clark's.

3) Would have to check my cars (have 3 cars with them in) but I DO know
that they are an off-the-shelf size, but just hard to find. The originals
are Phillips screws and annodized black, which you won't find
off-the-shelf, just chrome headed ones.

BTW, Clark's also has a bracket template for making a bracket yourself (if
you don't have one). It also has the ash tray screw holes located on it,
and two optional ears that allow you to clip it to the bottom of the dash
and, using the ash tray screws, not drill more holes in the car. However,
I'd caution everyone that one should only attempt making a bracket if you
have a press brake, for those square 90º angled folds. The bracket requires
nice square folds in order to fit properly.

-Mark