<VV> Dual master cylinder question

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 15 21:25:51 EST 2009

>I bought a dual master cylinder to install on my Corsa.  It did not come
>with the fittings to bench bleed the MC.  ... Anybody got a suggestion for obtaining the necessary fittings for doing a bench bleed???

Since I thought virtually all replacement master cylinders now came with
a couple universal plastic fittings and a couple pieces of plastic hose,
a clip, & directions, I'd return the item and buy from a vendor who
supplies those pieces with the mc.

Or you could go to the trouble of getting fittings and bending, cutting
and possibly flaring tubes to fit, but I'll about promise you the next
cylinder you get to bench bleed will have different fittings.  You wind
up with a $50 box of fittings and bent tubes that don't fit anything but
obsolete master cylinders -- lucky you!  And then you can start with
collecting metric fittings.  Make sure you have the correct flare nut
actually on the line before you start bending it.

And, going on and on, although one might think the fingertip pressure
method would work, it only sorta works. Can't beat the tubes going back
into the fluid reservoirs, under the fluid level.  Believe me, I've
tried both, and now I only do the latter.  When you get done with the
bleeder kit, save it for the next time as it might be useful.

mo,

Bill Strickland