<VV> Mechanic Needed - Radford, VA

Tom Hughes corvairdad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 09:11:51 EST 2009

My daughter's '64 is giving her electrical issues. The other day, the car
wouldn't start. She got it jumped and drove it to Advance Auto who tested
the battery and claimed it was dead (possible given the age of the baterry).
They replaced the battery and sent her on her way. This morning she went to
start it and the battery's dead again. It was fine for three days of normal
driving, but there's obviously something still wrong with it. She told me
the GEN/FAN light is only on when she goes to turn the key. It's not on when
she's driving. I've told her to get it jumped and take it straight to Sear's
and have them check out the charging system. She'll do that this afternoon,
unless I give her the name of a better place to take it. Any mechanic
recommendation?

Thanks,

--
Tom in Baltimore