<VV> Mechanic Needed - Radford, VA

Tom Hughes corvairdad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 13:25:56 EST 2009

Saga continues. I was going to have her take the car to the FLAPs to check
the charging system (since they sold her the battery without checking). She
hooked up the jumper cables (and she's done this before), let the other car
charge her battery for a few minutes, then turned the key. Nothing. She
disconnected the positive cable from her battery and reconnected the jumper
cable directly to the positive connector, had someone turn the key while she
was holding the cable to keep it from shorting. Nothing. No click, nothing.

That tells me solenoid and could match with Chuck's solenoid failure. She
and her fiance just replaced the broken leafspring bolt assembly on the
driver's side. Could the two problems be related? Never a dull moment
dealing with the fleet <http://corvairfleet.blogspot.com/>.

--
Tom in Baltimore
corvairfleet.blogspot.com