<VV> 140/4 complete engine/drivetrain value opinions reqeusted

Ray Rodriguez III ravensong13 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 17 16:13:55 EST 2009

Hi again folks,

I think I'm going to put the 65' Corsa together to sell it, but before I start I would like your OPINIONS, yes.. I know this is a difficult question and responses will vary...

Please send me your opinions (off list or on list as you guys think is appropriate) of what the following drivetrain assembly is worth:

I will make sure the buyer can hear it run and perhaps even drive it at the time of sale.

66' Corsa 140 engine in excellent running condition.  Pushrod tubes dont leak oil.. I think the only oil leak is the drain pan.  Low miles on a professional rebuild, but I dont have details.  I drove this engine about 2,000 miles in the last couple months and it ran great.

The correct four carbs are on the engine and included.  It is running on primary carbs only, the secondaries are plugged up and therefore disabled.   The correct original air cleaner assy is included as well, the chrome cover has some light rust etc.

The trans and diff are also 66'.  Trans worked well when I last drove it several years ago.  I believe it is a posi diff, but I cant swear to it right now, I'll try to remember to check it in the next day or two.

Ray Rodriguez III
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 hot rodded coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe project car (for sale or parts?)