<VV> 66' 140 linkage help: photos?

Ray Rodriguez III ravensong13 at verizon.net
Thu Nov 19 20:28:11 EST 2009

Hiya folks,

     I'm putting my new carbs on (fresh from the Carbmeister!!) and I'm having a little trouble with the linkage.  I think someone mentioned recently a nice closeup photo in one of the books.. thought it was Basics but I just looked and couldnt find it.

     As far as I know this is a stock 66' Linkage (the carbs are four primaries properly modded and with no lockout).  The problem I'm having is on the right side... I dont think I have the secondary linkage right on that side (it is binding), and also the arm for the primary on that side seems to hit the bracket on the carb...   I have no idea why.. it seems like the arm is in the wrong place but I'm sure it's something I goofed up.

     I theoretically have a 65' linkage buried somewhere among my parts but It'd probably take days to find all the parts and get it assembled... and I'm not even sure it's complete.  I'll probably try doing that somewhere down the road as I'm told the 65' linkage is better (particularly running 4 primaries), but for now I need to get this 66' linkage working.

     Speaking of carbs, I just got these back from Grant Young.  The four carbs I sent him were in shameful condition, and it turned out they were even worse inside (some amateur PO tried modding them for autocross himself).  What I got back are more like a work of art.....  they really are better then new.  Grant was a real pleasure to deal with and I'd recommend him to anyone in need of carb work.

     While I'm giving reviews I also bought some of Seth Emersons wires a while back.  I can't begin to describe how far superior they are to the corvair plug wires I've purchased in the past from FLAPS etc...  they fit better (actual correct lengths, imagine that!), the grommets on the plug end go in easier and feel like they seal much better, and they are much easier to keep clean due to the material the coating is made of....  overall they really are a true "night and day" difference from the common variety.

Ray Rodriguez III
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 hot rodded coupe