<VV> Part needed / now Elect. Advice

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Fri Nov 20 22:12:26 EST 2009

I relocated my battery to the trunk. I used a kit from Summit that  came
with 2 gauge wire (_http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G1200A/_
(http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G1200A/) )

Ned

In a message dated 11/20/2009 8:45:37 P.M. Central Standard Time,
62vair at gmail.com writes:

Gents,  the further away from the starter the battery is the larger the
battery  cable must be to carry the current. For the distance you talk
about,
a  cable with a cross section should be double or larger. Just a  warning.
/This was a continual problem in aircraft I used to work  on.
Mark Durham

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Bryan Blackwell  <bryan at skiblack.com>
wrote:

> I'd like to hear the answer too  - I ran a positive lead from the
> starter to the rear junction, but I  like Mike's idea of going direct
> to the fuse box instead.  That  would also eliminate a couple of wire
> connections.
>
>  --Bryan
>
> On Nov 20, 2009, at 10:57 AM, Mike Stillwell  wrote:
>
> > Hey Dave - Please forgive the hi-jacking here, but  since you
> > offered...What's your take on relocating a battery to  the front? I
> > have 20' of cable for the pos. to starter cable and  was going to
> > drill and tap, then weld a ground stud onto the  front right frame
> > rail for my neg. In the back, I should probably  replace the plastic
> > positive junction block, although I've not  had problems with them.
> > Should a run a separate positive to the  rear, or just to the
> > ignition switch (less weight is good for a  racer)? I have 5 grounds
> > for the motor to body already.
>  >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Mike