<VV> CNG Vehicles (no corvair)

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 24 13:58:51 EST 2009

>who has experience with CNG converted vehicles

I wish I understood the fascination with CNG, but I just don't "get it",
other than maybe it's because you have it piped into your home.  I ran a
fleet of small trucks on LNG (propane) for several years, and was quite
pleased with the cost and result -- bit of a bi***  when you run out of
fuel though.  I suppose CNG is the same that way.

The limited range of CNG vs LNG would be a big sticking point for me --
why not go with batteries that you charge at home every night -- passes
the polution problem off to someone else, eh?  LNG requires a space for
an LNG tank, and I would expect that is simmilar to a 2500 psi tank for
CNG.  There are CNG busses running around here, and they seem to work,
but I'd be looking hard at any advantages over LNG.  LNG can be "duel
fueled", can CNG?

Matt, maybe you can explain?

Bill Strickland