<VV> Authenticity question about a 1960 Corvair?

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Nov 25 21:59:40 EST 2009

Here's the deal.
1 If it has a 61 grille bar and not the 60 grille bar
2.If it has a forced air heater and not a Gas heater
3.If it has dual air cleaners and not a single with the 2 large rubber hoses
that go to the carbs
4. if it doesn't have a collar around the fan opening in the top shroud that
rises up and down
5. if it doesn't have a large bellows thermostat under the single air
cleaner to control the choke system.
6. If it doesn't have the rims with the special dogs on them for the 60
hubcaps and beauty rings-----

THEN IT'S NOT A 60, I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT HIS TITLE SAYS.

It's not a "unique" car, just originally titled in a state where the year
titled is in the space of year on the title, not the actual model of the
car.

Stand behind a parts counter for just a few months and you'll find many
vehicles with the same issue.

There were some 65's that came off the line to the dealer with 64 hubcaps on
them, and the original owners still have the car, and they never changed the
wheel covers.  Does that make them 64's or 65's?    Answer: If you work the
Assembly line, you put on the car what is in front of you.  And if the part
fits, it goes on the car.  Chevy just had too many 64 covers left over.

Hank