<VV> Axle clearance, was: 1960 authenticity

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 26 10:33:15 EST 2009

On a related subject, one on which I have yet to physically reach, is just
how much clearance is there in a LM between the heater box and transaxle?
The reason I ask is in preparation for my LM wagon project to go to the
body shop. Would like to have some idea as to how much I could possibly
drop the heater box and still clear everything. A general estimate would
aid me in planning just how far to try to drop it before the actual
construction/cutting begins. Anybody have an idea as to the potential
available clearance?

-Mark