<VV> Axle clearance, was: 1960 authenticity

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 26 11:37:48 EST 2009

Interesting idea, But just trying to use as much "stock" parts as possible. The idea is to keep the car as close to a "production" possibility as is practical.

On the flip side, though, am having to relocate the a/c condensor into the front trunk. I plan on keeping the stock spare location (with a 14" rim though) AND putting the condensor w/fans under a false floor, AND keeping the front panel as free of holes as possible. I have it all figured out, just have to see if it comes together as planned when it's "in the flesh."

Now if I REALLY wanted to do a "custom", I'd drop the front edge of the trunk opening (between the headlights) to just above the front bumper, while keeping the look stock. Now THAT would be trick!

-Mark