<VV> Sticking Throttle

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 27 00:05:03 EST 2009

Jeff, don't get me confused with "the experts" but one of those simple things you should check is to be sure the ignition wires are not interfering. I have had that happen. It can be intermittant if the wind in the engine compartment moves a wire a bit.

Jeff Aronson asked:

<<I'm turning to the experts here for advice on a sticking accelerator
pedal problem.
A couple of months ago, I had to remove the throttle shaft that connects
the two carbs to the accelerator in order to rethread the #4 spark plug
hole. I installed it back and since then have experienced an increasing
problem with the accelerator not returning to its fully closed position.
It can stick almost all the way down, or it can stick only a short
distance open. It can be pulled back with my foot, or oddly, if I punch
it quickly with my foot, it will retract fully back on its own.>>
 -- Doug Mackintosh
Corsa member since 1996
Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member
Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on