<VV> Documentation on CD's

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Fri Nov 27 13:26:30 EST 2009

At 09:58 AM 11/27/2009, Mikeamauro at aol.com wrote:
>Dave...
>
>"PDF Cracker" sounds like a cool program, so I went on line and  started a
>free download. Before the download was completed, my Norton  security
>program flagged out the "Cracker" .exe as a "Severe Security Risk."
>As  such, I
>allowed Norton to quarantine and remove the program from my computer.  I'd
>like to have the program available to me, but certainly not at the risk of
>infecting my PC. Dave, can you tell us what site was your source for
>obtaining
>the "PDF Cracker" program; and, has your security system scanned the
>program for  security risks?

I believe you'll find that modern antivirus and malware aps will
identify a lot of program cracks and other "unlocker" applications as
"malignant software" and tag it as "hack tools".

AVG does... it's popped up a number of different "warnings"
concerning software utilities that I knew for a fact were safe but,
like the crack pgm listed above, were still identified as a
"suspicious hack tool" by the antivirus program.

Usually there's additional info available either on the web or from
the AV program itself as to why it identified a particular file or ap
as malignant.   You're likely gonna find that your own virus warning
was not because it's a virus but because's it's a crack.

tony..