<VV> Subject: LM Wagon

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Fri Nov 27 17:45:02 EST 2009

I applaud your efforts, Mark! But when you're done all you will have
done is 'created' a three-dollar bill.

I'm looking forward to seeing what 'stock' rear quarter glass that you'll
be using to complete the wagon-back section. You can't use EM wagon
glass, since that's flat, and wouldn't match the curved glass sections of
the
LM doors. The closest stock glass might be from a Vega wagon, but I
wonder if you're going to allow yourself the flexibility to use parts from a
completely different model.

A car is only 'stock' once, when it rolls down the assembly line. After
that,
once you start to put on parts that were not available to the line workers,
you are building a custom, 'what-if' car.

I, for one, know all about working in the 'what-if' category, as I am
presently attempting to build an LM-based Monza SS. As in.... 'what if
Bill Mitchell had gotten his wish to put the SS sportscar into production?'

It's a strange little world we live in Mark. We see ourselves answering a
very noble question, but it's a question that exists only in our own minds.
Please keep at your project, but try to mantain a sense of humor as you
work.

I'll be looking forward to parking my car next to yours, at a future event,
as we are both judged in the nebulous, custom, 'what-if' category.

Mel