<VV> valve noise situation

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 21:58:32 EST 2009

Excellent questions Bob, and I was going thru the same thought process. I
think he said up front the lifter was not pumping up, and was thinking the
lifter bore was not getting enough pressurized oil or the bore was elongated
so the oil pressure bled off and did not pump up the lifter. I've never seen
this. If it is true, maybe there is a obstruction in the oil galley which
has caused low oil and rapid wear. ??

If the lifter is pumping up, the noise might just be caused by the rockers
not at the correct angle due to too short push rods. They do tend to clatter
when the geometry is not set up correctly. Tim Did you check this?
Mark Durham