<VV> When is a Corvair Wagon not Stock?

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Sat Nov 28 10:35:29 EST 2009

 Well, clearly, an LM wagon won't be stock. Now, if someone wants to build something crazy, or something as an interpretation of what GM would have made, or something else all together different, is simply a matter of what the constructor wants to make. But it won't be anything resembing stock.

I think Mark wants to make a 'what would GM have made?' LM wagon, which is a very interesting exercise in and of itself. Heck, it would be fun also to take ANY LM, and do some things to it in the vein of 'what would GM have made, if they resourced Corvair development properly?' For instance, a greater departure from what was done for the 1960 cars, etc. After all, the engines in ALL Corvairs are very closely tied to the 1960 design, as are the transaxles, front suspensions, etc., with all their inherent limitations.  And from a styling standpoint, well, that's probably something larger than any of us would want to take on. And, as time goes on, the costs for making new stuff goes down, and CAD/CAM and other developments become more accessible.

John Roberts