<VV> 140 timing (with 280 isky cam) and 4 primary carb tuningadvice wanted

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Sat Nov 28 16:35:02 EST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <Sethracer at aol.com>
> For any street setup, stay away from the four carbs open-as-one-linkage.
> It
> hurts part throttle opening response. Fine for racing where you rarely
> come off  a closed throttle at less than a couple of thousand RPM. A
> street car
> will fall  flat as the air flow slows >
> Seth  Emerson
Hmmm...   sounds like a couple of modern day vacuum pots would be better
than the classic ice fishing setups that are standard on the 4 carb setups.

Starting to open the 2ndaries at about 4 psi sounds about right to me.

Betcha someone out there has already done this ( disregarding the Pinto /
Weber carbs ... hmmm ??   ...   ) ...

reargards,  ken campbell, deltawerkes