<VV> LM Wagon

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 29 13:52:29 EST 2009

                                             B"H

Mark:  Often times a hobbyist will cut up an already hopeless car (which may not ever stand a chance of being restored to stock) to make a "what if" creation.  I've seen a number of "what if" cars and they make an interesting addition to the hobby.  For example, I've seen pictures of an "Edchero" which is a '57 Ford Rhanchero whichw as made into an Edsel with the '58 Edsel front end, taillights, dash, etc.

Another car I've seen (again in the Edsel faction) is a 1960 Edsel Corsair coupe.  Ford actually planned to market a deluxe version of the Edsel, the Corsair (carryover from the '59 line) but in the end only the Ranger series was offered.  The Corsair I saw was based on the Ranger coupe, but was far more attractive than the plain Ranger, with anodize silver side panels and unique grille.

Just try not to make the wagon  look like some of uglier wagons built during the 60s, mainly the early Valiant wagons built up to 1966.  IMHO, the nicest looking wagons were those whose side windows follow a stright line from the upper side, without weird curves and pillars.  But that's just my opinion.

I've made some mods to my '69 Monza, such as adding SS trim, aftermarket console, water injction, etc. but everything is "bolt on" and the car can easily be returned to stock by just unbolting the modifications.

Good luck with your project...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza 110 PG