<VV> Tire Pressures for 15" Tires - and Other Sizes

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Thu Oct 1 18:51:29 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Re: <VV> Tire Pressures for 15" Tires - and Other Sizes

> I ran 205/60R15 Pirelli's on our '65 Corsa for many years.  They were H
> Example:  I have fitted oversize 315/70R17 flotation type load range D
> (3195lbs at 50psi max) tires on my 2001 Dodge 2500HD 4X4 diesel truck. The
> Dale Dewald
> Hancock, MI
***********
Consider also this pressure thing from another standpoint ... if the tire
deflects much, it will build up heat, and may blow " out " from heat, or at
least de-tread .... not good...

If you are loading the tire ( from any cause ) to the point of distorting it
from round , it will be building more heat than it would if round.

If you figger to grossly overload your corvair ( racing might qualify ) or
your truck ( hauling a couple tons in a S-10 )....    try to keep the tires
as round as possible ... this may entail scaring yourself to death with the
tire pressure....

Being in my wasted yut basically a hayseed farmer, we did this occasionally
because we had to ...   at 80-100 lbs pressure, I advise driving very
slowly, wouldn[t hurt to check tire temps ...

******
In my late models, I usually run 32-40 cool.  They seem to wear evenly with
that, and I don[t worry so much about rolling them off the rim in the middle
of my more young artiste' corners.

just some thoughts, ken at deltawerkes