<VV> SALVAGE TITLE

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 2 12:39:04 EDT 2009

I've used (obtained) salvage titles on vehicles that I've purchased that I
want to put back on the road if there's no way of tracing the previous
owner.
These are abandoned vehicles or ones bought at auction that  are legally
obtained, but with no paper trail.
Most states make you jump thru hoops to do this, for obvious reasons. Here
in Maryland, the vehicle has to be physically taken (and NOT under its own
power) to a state police facility where they go over the vin and check for
thefts. Then the DMV will issue you a salvage title.