<VV> Salvage Title

Eric Prosise eprosise at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 2 14:59:16 EDT 2009

Be cautioned:

I had a Ford Ranger with a salvage title - had been previously rolled, or some other major collision damage prior to my ownership (and it was one of the best vehicles I have ever owned).

When I moved from IA to MN, I took the title in, and they said "Salvage? - we dont need that on there anymore".  When I responded that it had been wrecked - the clerk said it didnt matter, new state - new title.  When I asked for her supervisor, the supervisor agreed with the clerk, and i was given a clean title, against my will.

When I sold the ranger, I made the owner fully aware (and the Carfax is full of red flashing exclamation points anyway for that truck).

Thought it was interesting.

Eric P.

DeWitt.