<VV> Celebrating 50

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Mon Oct 5 13:00:10 EDT 2009

Smitty Says;  Weekend before last a couple of us went to the Wings and Wheels car show at a private airport south of here.  The museum is dedicated to WW2 birds and has some fantastic examples from a prestine B-25 and PBY Seaplane to a ramjet buzz bomb with its support equipment.  We enjoyed a beautiful day with nonstop conversations about Corvairs and their history.
This weekend we went to Maggie Valley just west of Ashville NC where the NC Mountain Corvair Club was hosting a show.  What a beautiful scenic spot for a show.  The hotel was very picturesque and the front lawn offered a great setting for the Vairs.  The host club did an outstanding job of organizing things and keeping the interest alive with Corvair decade music and fun and games.  If they do it in the same place again, I highly recommend it.
This morning I helped put one of our best cars (a 69 convert) into the showroom of one of the areas biggest dealers, where it will stay for at least two weeks.  Members have made up posters and literature boards to go with the car explaining the reason for it being there.  I wouldn't say this to the dealer but it sure looked better than anything elas on the floor.