<VV> Flat Towing Update

charles doerge cdoerge1 at att.net
Mon Oct 12 13:25:01 EDT 2009

Thanks to all who responded! I should have given a little background also... I have flat towed since the 70's through the 90's from NJ to CT for Lime Rock, to OH for the Yenko Reunion, conventions in NJ, DC, and VA, and to Pocono Raceway for over 10 years. Sometimes it was with a marginal tow vehicle (El Camino), now using a 1998 Dodge Ram pickup capable of towing 8100 lbs. I always use safety chains, a made for the car towbar with tabs mounted to front frame rails, lights, spares, etc. I believe it is safer with all four tires on the ground and without the extra 2000 lbs of a trailer behind it...    I still appreciate all of the suggestions, comments, etc    Thanks again!!   Charlie