<VV> 76 convention accident, was: Damn bambi's and FCs

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 24 14:44:34 EDT 2009

The FC was eventually repaired. It was Charlie Biddle's 'brier. He came up
over one of the Southfield's infamous roll-a-coaster humps only to find a
stalled vehicle in his (fast) lane. He couldn't brake fast enough, nor
swing right due to traffic, and he was running close to the wall on the
left. He did what he could, but a crash was inevitable.

I hauled it home for him in my trailer.

-Mark

and the accident.  Nobody suffered more than superficial injury.  In fact,
although it was quite a hard hit, it turned out to be still drivable.  It
was obvious that the agility of the FC almost got it out of the accident as
it only caught the corner of the vehicle which it hit. The passenger door
still functioned and I convinced the owner to lay on his back under the
front of the FC and look up.  From that angle there was no visible damage
... I never heard what happened but there was no reason to not repair that
vehicle.
> Ken P

> airvair at earthlink.net wrote:
>
> I just bagged an 8-point buck two days ago with a F**d Escort. The air
bags
> went off, and the hood was shortened to half its original length. Even the
> windshield was smashed and the "A" pillar pierced. I'd hate to do that in
> an FC. I'm all for more hunters! (and always was.)
>
> As a friend is so fond of saying, with an FC, you're the first one to the
> accident.
>
> On the other hand, at the first Detroit national convention in '79, one
CCE