<VV> 76 convention accident, was: Damn bambi's and FCs

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProPer.com
Sat Oct 24 19:09:12 EDT 2009

Ah, yes, I remember that well !

If my memory serves me at all, the FC hit a new Lincoln Town Car in its left
rear, trying to get between it and the wall, but there was no room.

The FC's right front end was damaged, but not as badly as the Lincoln, whose
roof line actually buckled as I remember it.

What was even more badly damaged was the driver of the Lincoln was a Ford
employee (executive) whose ego was severely damaged since no one cared about
his new car, and everyone was devastated by the damage to the Corvair.  He
was "bruised" into despair and no one cared about his car (although we made
sure he was personally not injured) !

I remember off-handedly saying to the Ford guy that "you can just go get
another one of those - these (pointing to the Corvair) can't be replaced as
easily!  He was not convinced though.

At another of our conventions, someone ran a red light and totaled a 1958
Edsel Citation, and at another someone rear ended a 66 Corsa crushing the
rear beyond repair.

Insurance really does nothing really, since even if you get enough to buy
another one, there is one less Corvair for the rest of us !

It seems NONE of these accidents were the fault of the classic car's owner,
and it's always someone to whom whom our cars mean very little that cause
these accidents.

BTW, just got back from a great resurrection the Fan Belt Toss, and there
are some great cars there, so if you have been there, go, go NOW !!!

Charlie